21/01/2007

Miró - The Divine EP (1994)

A little gem, and a very hard to find ep/mini cd. The Divine E.P. was one of the Miró's finest releases. Miró were a London based acoustic folk-rock outfit, founded in 1988 by composer singer guitarist Roddie Harris (later defined by The Guardian "The Godfather of London's acoustic scene") and cellist/singer Julia Palmer. Active, as far as I know, till the mid-90s, in the course of their existence Miró published two albums, Angel No 1 and The Grain of the Voice, plus a bunch of now almost impossible to find singles and eps . The Divine E.P., though, is a good showcase of their talents, with its five flawless songs of shining beauty. Have a good listen and let me know what do you think about it.

Link in comments

7 comments:

DJ Radu said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/12681503/MiroDivine94.rar.html

Anonymous said...

thanks, I can't believe I never heard
of them before, geat sounds.

jake

Anonymous said...

This is some of the best music I've ever heard! Since listening to this EP, I've been searching all over the place for more of Miro's music, but I can't find anything! If you have any more of their albums that you could upload, I'd be eternally grateful.

Anonymous said...

Well...
here is the link to Angel No 1:
http://rapidshare.com/files/102171735/man1.zip.html

It is grabbed from a magnetic tape.
Have a nice listening!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

Simon said...

I saw them live at Catweazle (an accoustic performance space) in Oxford last year, and bought the Divine LP from them at the end of their performance. I listen to it alot on the old Ipod.

Anonymous said...

so nice, good post.




chat sexe