29/03/2010

Steve Shehan & Baly Othmani - Assarouf (1997)

Here are some Amazon customers reviews (click here for more):

«This is an amazing album. The Amazigh artist Othmani has created a once in a lifetime expression of the desert. As an Amazigh myself, I must commend Othmani on an impeccable and smooth collection. Highly recommended for anyone who wishes to get lost in the rhythms and melodies of the Algerian Sahara.»

«Baly Othmani makes some of the most entrancing, enchanting and beautiful music. He is Algerian Tuareg è[…] playing the oud, which is related to the guitar. I first heard 2 songs by him on the Desert Blues: Ambiances du Sahara album. Both are totally addictive. I highly recommend this artist and all of his albums.»

«This is one of my “desert island” CDs. I could easily echo my esteemed fellow reviewers in describing this music's Tuareg roots. But all I will say is that this music is pure beauty. Pure peace. A journey through an earthly paradise. An experience of unutterable joy. One of humanity’s great treasures.»

«I got this album because I loved Shehan’s collaboration with Omar Faruk Tekbilek on his latest album. In any case, Assarouf is so lovely. The music is intense, rich – and Baly Othmani provides the most perfect vocal accompaniment. […] It’s a shame that the album is not readily available new anymore».

Well, “no more available new”, but available here on Babe(b)logue. Enjoy it!

Steve Shehan’s personal Website: http://www.steveshehan.com/index_site.html

Link in comments

14 comments:

DJ Radu said...

http://sharebee.com/55ee3bca

mad said...

just want to say thanks for all the great music. keep on the good work. thanks

Tom said...

Lovely album, thank you for sharing. Thank you for spreading the word about so much good music I would otherwise have missed.

A great blog, Radu - your taste in music is impeccable.

Anonymous said...

I just had to tell you , how much I appreciate the music. It's all great stuff .

Thank you for being so generous and thoughtful!

Love,

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! GRACIAS!
THis blog is amazing.
Thank you so much for share.
VIVA LA MUSICA

elusive said...

nice one! thank you

Anonymous said...

thank you! more oud please if you've got it!

Anonymous said...

Much Love!!! plz keep up the awesome work

totem said...

questo blog è sempre una boccata d'aria... grazie.

Claudio Melo Eventos, Espiritualidade e Terapias said...

I wanna just say "very, very nice your blog is! Thousand thanks!""

Anonymous said...

thanks folkmusicsmb!

Anonymous said...

Great taste in music Radu
I just wish you change the upload to anther
sharebee is not working in my Country
many thanks

naftarsun said...

...lovely stuff indeed, thanks again...

dugg said...

The words of the reviewers you've quoted make a very strong case for listening.
Thanks for the chance to hear this!
d