05/06/2009

Ana Popovic - Comfort to the Soul (2003)

«The international appeal of the blues comes home with a fiery flourish on the breakout album by youthful Serbian singer/guitarist Ana Popovic. Her 2001 debut disc Hush! effectively displayed her potential and Comfort to the Soul demonstrates she’s well on the road to realizing much of it. Popovic, who relocated to the Netherlands in 1999, is much more than just the best Belgrade-born blues act. Although it’s her rockish energy, expressed on tunes like the opening Melissa Etheridge-style “Don’t Bear Down on Me”, that will garner the majority of the attention, the most impressive aspect of her music is its diversity. She exhibits some Elmore James-inspired slide guitar on a couple of tracks (most notably on an innovative up-tempo take on Howlin’ Wolf’s “Sittin’ On Top of the World”), shoots off more than a few hard-edged rocking blues solos elsewhere, and utilizes her affinity for jazz guitar in several creative contexts. Popovic’s music, like her blues persona, is obviously still a work in progress but her second album provides as much pleasure in the present as it does promise for the future.» (Michael Point, Amazon)

Link in comments

16 comments:

DJ Radu said...

http://sharebee.com/f1fd573c

Nico. said...

hey, thanks for that mate.

Anonymous said...

I read about Ana Popovic in a guitar magazine and wanted to hear if she was worth the buzz. Now I plan to buy this album and her new one. Thanks.

custom writing companies said...

I know that Popovic and her band are booked all over the globe, playing most blues, jazz and rock festivals.

Event tickets on passbook said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Event tickets on passbook

Waterssound real estate said...

The second to last conversation doesn't really sound like a big deal to me. At least he apologized.Waterssound real estate

Brustvergr??erung Preis said...

On the part of rich countries there is excessive zeal for protecting knowledge through an unduly rigid assertion of the right to intellectual property, especially in the field of health care. At the same time, in some poor countries, cultural models and social norms of behaviour persist which hinder the process of development."Brustvergr??erung Preis

letter press san diego said...

I think this is definitely a great way to create these flyers here. So much that you can get from using and passing out these flyers here. So much good advertising comes from it.letter press san diego

recuperacao de hd said...

Hi, I do believe this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I may return yet again since i have book-marked
it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help other people.recuperacao de hd

Driving Lessons said...

excellent. one of the best articles I have every read. This is the information which I have been searching. Great information.Driving Lessons

surf camp Spain said...

Honda should keep upgrading its vehicles so that it could make it even better for the users. However, the users should also have access to the parts and accessories of this MUV. I own a Ford Mustang and I always buy its parts and accessories from surf camp Spain

surechlor salt cell said...

When My partner and i go through some sort of blog site, I'm hoping who's isn't going to let down everyone approximately this blog. What I'm saying is, surechlor salt cell

​Best hologram said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!!​Best hologram I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff on your post.

sedotan plastik said...

Many persons when facing these problems do not deal with these pressures properly.sedotan plastik Handling job problems is imperative. It can determine the difference between failure or success at work.

Rosemary Beach real estate said...

The is attractive judge viewpoint is at possibilities with other Rosemary Beach real estate

Pest Control Company In DC said...

I would have to get one of the many from my TBR list so the next in line is Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. The list is extremely long!Pest Control Company In DC